Last Updated: July 2018
1. INTRODUCTION AND GENERAL TERMS
These terms apply to the use of games and other products developed by Splash Damage Limited. (“Splash Damage” / “we” / “us”). Our office is at Royal Court, 81 Tweedy Road, Bromley, BR1 1RG.
We are a company registered in England, with company number 04208076.
• What information we may collect about you;
• How we will use information we collect about you;
• Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else; and
• Your choices and rights regarding the personal information you have provided to us.
The Website may contain hyperlinks to services owned and operated by third parties. These third party services may have their own privacy policies and we recommend that you review them. They will govern the use of personal information that you submit or which is collected by cookies and other tracking technologies whilst using these services. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices of such third party services and your use of these is at your own risk.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect and process the following information, which may include your personal data.
Contact information provided by you when using the Contact Form on the Website
We may ask you for, or you may submit, certain contact information to us whenever you contact us through the Website.
This may include:
• your email address;
• your username;
• your password; and
• any details you voluntarily submit in the contact form.
You are under no obligation to provide us with any details, but if you don’t provide all relevant information, we may not be able to help.
Information provided by you when using the Website
We may collect technical information about your use of the Website through the use of tracking technologies and analytics.
This may include:
• your IP address;
• user interface usage (e.g. buttons clicked, screens viewed);
• hardware or device information (e.g. CPU, RAM, video card configuration, screen size, resolution);
• your location;
• identification of crashes and bugs.
We use the following third party analytics providers when conducting our analysis:
• Google Analytics – google.com/policies/privacy.
Please see the section on “CONSUMER CONTROL AND OPT-OUT OPTIONS” below for details on how you can control whether this information is collected.
3. WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We may process information about you (including Analytics and Contact Information) for the following reasons:
• Analytics: We would like to collect and use information about your use of the Website, and analyse it to compile statistical reports regarding that activity (for example, your IP address is used to approximate the country from which you access our Website, and we aggregate this information together so we know that, that visitors to our Website come from a specific territory). This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interest in improving our Website, and providing a more relevant service to our customers. This information is not used to develop a personal profile of you.
• Requests for voluntary feedback: From time to time, we will offer you the opportunity to provide feedback on the Website via a free form text box. It is entirely voluntary and you are free to decide what information you provide to us. This processing is necessary for us to pursue our legitimate interest in (i) ensuring that our online services function properly so that you and other users have the best experience when using the online services; and (ii) identifying and correcting any bugs in the online services.
• Enquiries and Support: We may process Contact Information so that we are able to properly respond to your enquiries and support requests either via the Website or by email through email@example.com. In line with the legitimate interest we have in promoting our business, we will process your enquiries to reply and provide you with information about the services we offer. We may also process enquiries to take steps you ask of us with a view to entering into an agreement to provide you with our services.
4. DATA SHARING
• Required by law: In addition, we may disclose your information to the extent that we are required to do so by law (which may include to government bodies and law enforcement agencies); in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings; and in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention).
• Enforcement: We may also disclose your personal information to third parties in order to enforce or apply the terms of agreements, to investigate potential breaches or to protect the rights, property or safety of Splash Damage, our customers or others.
5. AUTOMATED DECISION MAKING
6. CONSUMER CONTROL AND OPT-OUT OPTIONS
You can also always choose to enable or disable cookies in your internet browser. By default, most internet browsers accept cookies but this can be changed. For further details, please consult the help menu in your internet browser. For further information about cookies, please see: www.allaboutcookies.org, and how to adjust your browser settings here: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
7. YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO PERSONAL DATA WHICH WE PROCESS RELATING TO YOU
You have the following rights over the way we process personal data relating to you, as set out le below. These rights are not absolute and they do not always apply in all cases. We aim to comply without undue delay in response to any request by you:
• to restrict, stop processing, or to delete your personal data;
• for a copy of data we are processing about you and have inaccuracies corrected;
• for the transfer of your personal information to another party.
Please send your requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make a complaint to a Supervisory Authority
If you are unhappy with the way we are processing your personal data, please let us know by contacting us via email@example.com.
If you do not agree with the way we have processed your data or responded to your concerns, an alternative is to submit a complaint to a Data Protection Supervisory Authority.
8. DATA RETENTION
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements
We will take all reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss misuse or alteration of your personal information. For example, our databases are password-protected and encrypted using Transport Layer Security (TLS) and Secure Sockets Layer (SSL).
Please be aware that, although we endeavour to provide reasonable security for information we process and maintain, no security system can prevent all potential security breaches.
11. INTERNATIONAL DATA TRANSFERS
Information we collect about you will be stored within the European Union (EU) on a secured server.
Your personal information may be transferred outside of the EU by Google.
Where we transfer your information outside of the EU, we have agreements in place with those parties which include standard data protection clauses adopted by a data protection regulator and approved by the European Commission to ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place to protect your personal data. If you would like to find out more about these safeguards, please let us know by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
All questions, comments or enquiries should be directed to Splash Damage at email@example.com. We will endeavour to respond to any query or questions within two business days.
© 2018 Splash Damage Limited. All trademarks are the property of the relevant owners. All rights reserved.