January Patch Notes
Hello and welcome to the first Outcasters update of 2021!
First of all, have you claimed Outcasters via Stadia Pro yet? You haven’t?! Well, you’re in luck; you can head right here to get started.
We’ve been going through so much of your feedback for the game, and the team are so excited to see some of the amazing suggestions, and important observations you all have made.
Before we get into what’s new, let’s quickly talk about what you can expect from our patch notes:
We like to be thorough in them, and let you all know what’s changed and what the team have been working on. Some stuff will seem minor, or you might not think it’s that interesting, but it’s all incredibly important work that contributes to making Outcasters even better.
You might not see things you’ve suggested or reported just yet either. For instance, the issue of players being AFK in matches. Don’t worry, we’ve seen you report this problem, but more complex issues like this (and it’s surprisingly complex!) can take the team time to find the right solution for. We’ll do our best to keep you all updated on some of these issues moving forward.
Should the timings work out, we’ll also look to run through these patch notes live on stream in advance of the update going live, so keep an eye on Twitter, Discord and YouTube for when we’re going live.
Now, without further ado, let’s get into the details.
Firstly, we’ve added some new handsome Outcasters to the store for you to pick up. The Feral Friends and Sea Squad packs let you add a little crustacean to your character, a little pinch to your paws, or a little… katana to your cats?
Let’s take a look at how these new Outcasters break down into Parts:
You can welcome Hardcase, Fugu, Inks, and Pinch to your roster!
You already knew this one was called Catana, right? Well, you’ll also be getting Dog Fu’d in this pack!
FIXES AND UPDATES
- We’ve fixed a number of issues that can cause the Outcasters client to crash.
- Fixed general camera clipping issues.
- We’ve fixed some resolution issues with Emotes in the Emote Wheel to make them beautiful again.
- We’ve fixed an issue with some Emotes bouncing around when they shouldn’t be.
- We’ve made some improvements to the base meshes and UV mapping, improving the way some of our 3D models are textured.
- We’ve fixed an issue with camera clipping in the Planoid collection area.
- We’ve fixed an issue where the shark was rendered incorrectly in the end of round sequence of Lucky’s Lagoon.
- Fixed an issue where, on rare occasions, unboxing a new Part would be rendered on a black background, making it feel a little underwhelming.
- We’ve made some improvements to the way the AI navigates to prevent them getting stuck in place.
- We’ve fixed a small issue with AI respawning.
- The AI will no longer get stuck if walking over an area where a destructible object used to be.
- We’ve increased the portal arrow sizes in Training Grounds to make them clearer.
The update is live right now, and, through the magic of the cloud, there’s nothing to download!
If for some reason you don’t own Outcasters yet, what are you waiting for? Sign up for Stadia Pro and get it for free!