Extraction PAX Coverage Round-up!
September 16, 2013
Extraction had its public debut at the Penny Arcade Expo earlier this month, and we’ve had great feedback from players and press alike. We were especially excited to see that FPS Guru named Extraction Best Playable Game of Show, while Warp Zoned named it overall Game of Show. Coverage from the event is still rolling in, and we wanted to share some of our favourite previews and interviews from the show.
The build we had at PAX, as well as the resulting feedback from press and players, are in huge part thanks to the dedication and support of all our Closed Alpha testers – you’ve now put in several years of play time and well over 40,000 pieces of forum feedback so far. In short, you’re pretty awesome. Well done.
Right, let’s take a look at some of the coverage we’ve had so far:
- DarkStation – “I had a stupid amount of fun playing Extraction.”
- Destructoid – “Splash Damage know what they’re doing”
- Game Informer – “Teamwork is the name of the game in Splash Damage’s Extraction”
- MMO Bomb – “With so much class range, tackling missions becomes less formulaic and introduces innovative strategies.”
- MPOGD – “Extraction lets you immerse yourself into an action packed environment which is fun in every possible way.”
- Nerd Farm Blog – “Extraction plays incredibly well”
- Thunderbolt Games – “Extraction feels far more polished than most pre-beta games available at the show”
- GamerHub TV – Paul Wedgwood
- Haven4GamerZ – Alastair Cornish
- Linus Tech Tips – Alastair Cornish
- MMO Attack Games – Alastair Cornish
- MODSonair – Paul Wedgwood
- Polygon – Paul Wedgwood
- REDDOG.TV – Ed Stern
- Wiki Game Guides – Alastair Cornish
And lastly, here’s some bonus footage of the queue filmed by Mr Locki himself.
If you’ve spotted any other previews or interviews, let us know in the comments!