Splash Damage Blog
Dirty Bomb presents... January Fine Tuning
You want maps? We've got maps! In this Fine Tuning update we're unveiling two brand new prototype maps for you to try out for a limited time. On top of that, Dome has been given a makeover and numerous bugs have been stomped. Read on for more...
We've put more spit and polish into Dome, with major improvements across the board for your objective pleasure.
The environment has had a picnic pass - An early evening setting means that colors stand out and areas of light and shadow are more prominent.
To ease newcomers in, and to improve the navigational flow for everyone, several changes have been made -
- Updated coloration and visual composition to clarify certain routes
- Ground textures now better communicate primary routes and those which are more optional
- Graffiti tags now direct Jackal attackers towards the objectives through main routes
- The Pylons are now distinctly labelled A and B for both Jackal and CDA
To direct the flow of the map and make it more balanced for Jackal attackers, these changes have also been made -
- The first objective has been reduced from two deliverables to one, reducing CDA bias and allowing the rest of the map to be played in the majority of matches
- Both Jackal and CDA spawns have been moved forward to reduce travel times
- To help prevent spawn camping, a third route has been added to allow Jackal more safety in moving out towards the first objective
- Sewers are friendlier - Arrow graffiti on the grates above indicate the direction they travel in, and a dead end has been shut off to avoid confusion
- Some redundant areas have been removed entirely, and less used ones have been made more accessible
This weekend we're letting you at two brand new maps, Dockyard and Gallery, in prototype form.
From Friday 29th January until Tuesday 2nd February, they'll be available on select servers in the server browser. We'll be seeing how you play, listening to your feedback, and touching your heart (with a Stiletto, if you see us in-game).
The next Objective map is a direct continuation of Dome - the captured CDA airship has crashed and Jackal need to get there with an EV before destroying a portion of it.
The third map to be created for Execution Mode surrounds a riverside landmark, providing plenty of combat variety.
We'll be revealing more on these maps as they hit the servers, so keep your eyes peeled!
For the full rundown of the latest patch, check it out on the forum here!