Splash Damage Blog
Dirty Bomb returns with new Loadout Cards, Party Matchmaking, and more!
Welcome, welcome! If this is your first time, get stuck in and start making a mess – There are guns for that. If you’ve returned after helping out with the stress tests, WE DID IT! Dirty Bomb is back online. For Good. No more data wipes, no more major downtime. Stress test rewards are also waiting – Read on for more of those sweet infos, or delve into the brand new Dirty Bomb website for more (www.dirtybomb.com):
Playing with Friends
One of the biggest requests from many in the stress tests has been party matchmaking, so we’re excited to bring it to Dirty Bomb through the magic of Steam and programming.
Once you hit Level 7, you'll unlock Matchmaking, both Solo and Party. In order to reach the Party Matchmaking screen, click on the "Play with Friends" button, accessible under the Play tab. Once there, you'll be able to pick which maps, game mode and region to play on, as well as bringing your friends in by clicking on the "Invite Friends..." button, which brings up a Steam Overlay window you can use to invite your friends. You can bring up to four other players along with you, and any remaining slots will be filled by other matchmaking players.
We look forward to reading your feedback on Playing with Friends, so be sure to let us know your thoughts in the Dirty Bomb Forums.
New Loadout Cards
We’ve given Dirty Bomb’s Loadout Cards a complete makeover to make them sexier and more useful. Loadout Cards now come in seven rarities, which define the number of Augments they have, the weapons the Merc can use and what sort of outfits they feature:
- Default (0 Augments) (what each Merc starts with)
- Lead (1 Augment)
- Iron (2 Augments)
- Bronze (3 Augments)
- Silver (3 Augments)
- Gold (3 Augments)
- Obsidian (3 Augments) (exclusively obtainable via special events)
Loadout Cards are found in Equipment Cases, which drop randomly at the end of matches. You can now also buy additional Equipment Cases straight from the Store in exchange for Credits.
Trading Up Loadout Cards
Craving some of those elusive Gold Loadout Cards right here, right now? Going hand in hand with the new Loadout Cards, we’ve also added a way to let you exchange unwanted Loadout Cards for a Loadout Card of the next highest rarity. Here’s how:
- Click the Loadouts tab, and select Trade Up Loadouts on the next screen
- Next, select the Merc you want to create a Loadout Card for along with the desired Rarity
- Finally, select the cards you want to exchange and pay the Credits transaction fee to create your new Loadout Card
- Each Loadout Card you create is randomly selected from all of the Loadout Cards available at the selected rarity for the selected Merc
Trading up requirements are as follows:
- Iron Loadout Card: 3 Lead Loadout Cards + 500 Credits
- Bronze Loadout Card: 3 Iron Loadout Cards + 1,000 Credits
- Silver Loadout Card: 4 Bronze Loadout Cards + 2,000 Credits
- Gold Loadout Card: 4 Silver Loadout Cards + 4,000 Credits
This is a brand new system for Dirty Bomb, so please give it a go and let us know what you think on the official Dirty Bomb Forums.
Stress Test Rewards
If you played during the February stress test events, a huge thanks from the team for taking the time to help us put Dirty Bomb through its paces. You can pick up your exclusive Obsidian Loadout Card right now:
- Visit the Loadouts section
- Click the Cases tab
- Open the exclusive Beta Fighter Case that’s waiting for you there
- Enjoy your exclusive Loadout Card!
If you participated in the January test sessions between the 6th and 20th this year, we’ve granted you in-game credits from the heavens – 30,000 of them!