About Splash Damage
Located in the London borough of Bromley, Splash Damage's heritage is all about crafting the world's most engaging multiplayer experiences working with some of the most iconic and exciting games and studios in the world. We're growing our studio for exciting new AAA projects on PC and Console, and are looking for talented and passionate developers to help build and run them.
We really look after our staff with a comprehensive package of perks and benefits, and have been awarded The Sunday Times’s Best Companies accreditation three years running - the only game studio in the UK to be listed in the top-100!
We're passionate about our games and believe our teams craft better experiences when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from and we are committed to growing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
About Development Management at Splash Damage
Development Managers are the execution pioneers here at Splash Damage, responsible for building and delivering game experiences that continually delight our fans daily. We are the guardians of agile development process and practice; are responsible for driving alignment and accountability within each game team; are relentlessly focused on continued improvement; and ensure partners goals are met with mind-blowing ends.
The Development Management team is a collective hivemind, collaborating with their product teams, operational disciplines and studio leadership, sharing knowledge and best practices. We are stewards of accountability making sure every developer here owns their products, processes and quality. We keep teams balanced, projects on track and stakeholders informed. We strive for smarter delivery, stronger teams and building forward-thinking live experiences that our players, and ourselves are all proud of.
What you're responsible for:
Development Managers are delivery focused leaders who own the delivery and execution of development goals, support team health and make sure games are running like clockwork.
As a Development Manager you'll be responsible for short term sprint planning and tracking execution of deliverables. You will be a motivational mentor, guiding teams down unfamiliar paths and hold a cool head in supporting the product team through difficult decisions and foster an open, transparent team environment.
If you pull this off in year one, you can expect to gain additional scale to your role and everything that comes with that.
What we'd like to see
- A gamer: you love games, you play games, you take play seriously – it’s why you're in the industry and why you love coming to work every single day
- Experienced: you've earned your stripes for at least four years working as a Producer or Development Manager in an Agile environment through at least one full triple-A or live game production lifecycle.
- A hardened organizer: You have strong interpersonal, project management, and planning skills with the ability to work under urgent, tight deadlines with frequent changes; you are highly adaptable individual, always putting the players and game first
- A creative problem solver: you have an uncanny knack for arriving at solutions through unconventional methods and craft a plan to put them into action; you enable teams to explore and use the resources at hand to solve problems and always player-focused
- A nurturer of teams. You are able to craft and evolve teams that consistently deliver results and meet their goals; you keep the teams performance consistent, their motivation high, and their morale higher.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and dynamic working environment. Everyone here shares a real passion for video games that shows in daily office life. We regularly get together for social events - game nights, quizzes, sports, parties - and believe in the long-term dedication to our people by investing heavily in their skills through an industry-leading internal education programme designed to helping people develop their skills. Find out more on our Culture page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks maternity and paternity leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.