About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
We're looking for a talented, experienced Senior VFX Artist to help us build stunning effects for our projects. Applying your mix of technical and artistic skills, you will be involved in pushing the visual quality of our AAA titles while collaborating with Design and Programming to ensure the game is engaging and artistically stunning. You will have a high degree of responsibility for the development tasks, and supporting members of the team.
- Work with the project VFX team to drive the creation and refinement of gameplay and environmental effects
- Effectively communicate and motivate the team, while supporting junior artists in their development and learning
- Collaborate with Art team to accentuate visual fidelity, Designers to enhance immersion and player experience, and Technical Art to maintain performance requirements
- Able to set and maintain effective VFX pipelines, and to advocate best practices for cross-discipline collaboration
- Strive to push our techniques into new territory
Essential Skills and Experience
- Has worked on at least three commercially released AAA titles as a VFX artist
- Mastery of the fundamentals of VFX including timing, composition, colour and how VFX provide gameplay feedback
- Must have experience authoring real-time VFX and have a good understanding of the technical constraints of Console and PC budgets
- Strong experience with node based material generation workflows
- Current with latest digital art techniques, practices, tools, software, and trends
- Understanding of production constraints and collaboration needs in a fast paced environment
- Must be familiar with Unreal Engine 4’s VFX and Physics tools
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous roles as a Senior, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge in rigid body, pyro, and fluid simulation
- Technical knowledge of 3D asset building and surfacing packages
- Passion for problem solving and experimenting with new boundaries
- Able to take ownership of VFX implementation
- Comfortable working autonomously to meet expectations and deliveries
- Houdini FX knowledge is a plus
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.