ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
We're looking for a talented, experienced Senior VFX Artist to help us build stunning effects for our projects. Applying your mix of technical and artistic skills, you will be involved in pushing the visual quality of our AAA titles while collaborating with Design and Programming to ensure the game is engaging and artistically stunning. You will have a high degree of responsibility for the development tasks, and supporting members of the team.
- Work with the project VFX team to drive the creation and refinement of gameplay and environmental effects
- Effectively communicate and motivate the team, while supporting junior artists in their development and learning
- Collaborate with Art team to accentuate visual fidelity, Designers to enhance immersion and player experience, and Technical Art to maintain performance requirements
- Able to set and maintain effective VFX pipelines, and to advocate best practices for cross-discipline collaboration
- Strive to push our techniques into new territory
Essential Skills and Experience
- Has worked on at least three commercially released AAA titles as a VFX artist
- Mastery of the fundamentals of VFX including timing, composition, colour and how VFX provide gameplay feedback
- Must have experience authoring real-time VFX and have a good understanding of the technical constraints of Console and PC budgets
- Strong experience with node based material generation workflows
- Current with latest digital art techniques, practices, tools, software, and trends
- Understanding of production constraints and collaboration needs in a fast paced environment
- Must be familiar with Unreal Engine 4’s VFX and Physics tools
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Previous roles as a Senior, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge in rigid body, pyro, and fluid simulation
- Technical knowledge of 3D asset building and surfacing packages
- Passion for problem solving and experimenting with new boundaries
- Able to take ownership of VFX implementation
- Comfortable working autonomously to meet expectations and deliveries
- Houdini FX knowledge is a plus
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.