Lead Build & Automation
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Build and Automation team are responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining the automation framework and build & release infrastructure that underpin our award winning live-service multiplayer games.
As a Lead Build and Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for spearheading the effort of building and maintaining the infrastructure, build pipeline and automation framework that supports our games, from both a development and live service perspective. Reporting into the technical Studio Leadership, you will contribute to defining a strategic direction for Builds and Automation and drive its execution.
You will manage and grow a team of engineers and consider their skills and talents build roadmaps, identify risks and work with multiple departments and disciplines to understand and fulfil requirements for the entire automation, build and release pipelines.
We believe that constantly improving on our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management, and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
- Setting clear technical direction, intent and best practices within your team.
- Identifying and championing best practices within your specialist domain.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.
- Professional experience in leading a team of Software Engineers
- Professional experience designing, implementing and maintaining build pipelines and infrastructure
- Professional experience with using Automation and Testing frameworks for game development
- Professional experience with continuous delivery of updates and content for live games.
- Professional experience with deployment and development on multiple platforms.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to plan and organise work for your team as well as yourself.
Even better if you have:
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
- Professional experience managing and integrating content delivery networks (CDN).
- Professional experience integrating cloud-based infrastructure within build pipelines (i.e. AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Professional experience working with virtual machines and/or containers.
- Experience with multiplayer games.
- Experience with other relevant technology and languages such as SQL, C++, C#, Cake, PowerShell, Python, Linux domain tooling.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.