About Splash Damage
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
As Splash Damage’s Level Designer, you will:
Work closely with designers, programmers and artists to create and maintain fun, playable levels
Collect and analyse playtest data and feedback, and iterate on layouts accordingly in collaboration with environment artists
Understand the core gameplay mechanics, project goals, and target demographic
Understand the technical constraints of the game engine
Understand the capabilities and workflow of the game editor and level design pipeline, and contribute ideas to help improve them
Focus on gameplay aspects of the map
Present your work to the team at various stages and be happy to accept positive critique from peers and Leads
Provide positive feedback to other members of the team
Pro-actively work with the other level designers to share knowledge, review content and ensure consistency.
Work with production to generate tasks, provide estimates and ensure deliverables are provided on time and to the required level of quality
Constantly monitor the bug database and fix issues in a timely fashion to maintain stability and ensure that your levels remain playable at all times
Essential Skills and Experience
- A passion for making and playing games
- Industry experience and 1 shipped AAA current gen (PS4 / XBOX ONE) console or PC title that featured a multiplayer component, worked on from beginning to end
- Experience in creating levels for first or third person shooters
- The ability to work independently without close supervision
- A passion for environment design and architectural concepts
- The ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines
- Experience of level-building using 3D level editing tools (UE4, UnrealEd, Hammer, Radiant, etc)
- Experience with design documentation, diagram and flow-chart creation
- Experience with source-control applications (SVN, Perforce, AlienBrain, etc)
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Blueprints, Flow Graph, or other visual scripting software experience
- Experience with 3DSMax, Maya, or other professional 3D modelling software
- Knowledge of gameplay event scripting and entity setup
- Traditional art skills
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop
- Experience with wiki-based design documentation
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.