About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Core Tech programming team are responsible for implementing the core systems, pipelines
As a Core Tech Programmer, you will work within cross-functional teams to deliver features on-time and to a high level of quality. You will be part of a team that is responsible for planning, implementing and maintaining core engine features that encompass rendering, networking
You excel at:
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude and an analytical mindset to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks.
- Writing clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Monitoring, maintaining and
optimisingthe performance of the game.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong computer science and maths background.
- Professional experience in systems development for a shipped game on PS4 and/or Xbox One (such as I/O, rendering, low-level networking, memory management, content pipelines etc).
- Experience profiling and
optimisingcode for optimal CPU, GPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
Even better if you have:
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
- Professional experience developing Games-as-a-Service titles.
- Experience with automated testing techniques.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks parental leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.