About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
Lead UI Artists at Splash Damage collaborate with Art Direction and UI Design to establish and direct the UI art style for our games. Responsible for connecting the UI with the overall game experience, they also keep close tabs on accessibility while ensuring quality and consistency throughout.
Utilising their experience and understanding of UI and visual design, they are able to effectively communicate their artistic intent to their team and project stakeholders both verbally and visually. Lead UI Artists are always looking for ways to push themselves and their craft and regularly share their knowledge with members of their team.
We trust our Lead UI Artists with a large degree of freedom throughout the development cycle. Putting the needs of their team before their own, they are responsible for supporting their team, providing effective direction, feedback, and opportunities for growth along the way. They work together with the project leadership team to streamline development and represent their discipline both internally as well as to external partners.
- Experience in UI art for video games; you have worked on several commercial game projects
- A portfolio showcasing strong skills in graphic design, 2D art and motion graphics
- Expert skills in Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience in prototyping pre-vis UI
- Experience either with motion graphics or concepting for motion graphics
- Experience creating toolkits and spec sheets
- Proven time management and organisational skills; you can plan your project at both roadmap and sprint-level and know how to prioritise your team’s work for maximum impact
- Comfortable working autonomously; you can get the job done without close supervision and make smart decisions with the information at hand
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly to audiences of all experience levels
- A real passion for games UI and clear enthusiasm for playing games
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Substance Designer or a 3D package
- Teaching experience
- Unreal Engine 4 experience
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.