About Splash Damage
Come join us!
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
As a Hard Surface Artist at Splash Damage, you would have an affinity for creating anything and everything hard surface from guns to props, gadgets & deployables.
Additionally, you possess in-depth knowledge for how mechanical things work and care deeply about the functionality. You have meticulous attention to detail and can build stunning weaponry based both on real-world reference materials and unique stylised designs.
As a Hard Surface Artist, you will work closely with the Art Leads, concept, animation and tech-art teams and will be responsible for creating, establishing and maintaining a high-quality library of weapons and attachments for your project.
Does this sound like you? If so, you might just be a great fit for our Hard Surface Artist role on one of our many exciting projects!
- Create believable and inspiring hard surface assets such as weapons, gadgets, deployables & more.
- Work with Art Leads and Art Director to ensure that designs fit within the style, look and feel of the world/universe.
- Collaborate with the Design Team to maintain gameplay requirements and Tech art to maintain performance requirements.
- Maintain quality, efficiency and consistency across your work. Adhere to schedules and meet deadlines.
Essential Skills and experience
- Understanding of contemporary workflows and processes
- Expert knowledge of 3DS Max/Maya
- A practical working knowledge of Substance Painter/Designer and PBR workflows.
- Solid understanding of game engines, where UE4 is preferred
- Strong communication and organizational skills and the ability to efficiently interact with team members of all departments.
- A passion for games and enthusiasm for playing games.
- Strong grasp of real-world weapon functionality and design.
- Working knowledge of Zbrush
- Concept drawing or design is a plus.
- Experience of one or more full game development cycles
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.