About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
Splash Damage is looking for an Audio Director to guide our talented team in crafting outstanding audio experiences for our players. In this role you will use your creativity and technical expertise to inspire, support and empower our audio designers to deliver their best. You will define, champion and hold the audio vision for our projects and maintain alignment through every stage of development; using your experience and pragmatism to reliably deliver on those visions.
As an Audio Director you will:
- Establish and maintain the vision for audio on the projects working through your Leads to ingrain and realise this vision.
- Work closely with the Exec team to ensure the Audio department is aligned with the studio’s needs and goals, including ensuring an understanding of the long-term studio plans and forthcoming projects so as to plan for meeting those future needs
- Act as hiring manager for the Audio department, including maintaining accurate job descriptions and job openings, and working with recruitment to ensure resumes are reviewed and interviews held
- Maintain and support alignment in the team for the audio style & mood for our projects.
- Define the audio quality in collaboration with our Project Directors and Leads, including holding regular reviews and encouraging peer reviewing.
- Motivate and inspire the audio team, enabling them to pursue their passion and excel in their areas of expertise.
- Use your technical expertise and people-management skills to mentor, coach and manage the audio team with regular 1-2-1s, setting objectives, guiding their career growth and supporting a collaborative environment.
- Establish best practice for audio across the studio and ensure your team is held to account for maintaining best practice.
- Discover the needs of the department and surface these to the Senior Audio Producer for fulfilment.
- Work closely with a Senior Audio Producer who is responsible for the management of the department and liaising with Production and other internal and external functions around resourcing, scoping and roadmap planning.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Have been Audio Lead or Director, with extensive experience developing AAA titles.
- Worked with script writers and voice providers to ensure Dialogue is of excellent standard.
- Be able to organise and engineer large-scale field recording sessions.
- Have extensive experience with game audio middleware such as Wwise and Fmod.
- Experience developing audio with Unreal or other industry-leading engines.
- Expertise with industry standard audio software such as Reaper.
- Experience in mixing and mastering of both interactive and linear media such as trailers and cinematics.
- Ability to oversee the creation of game audio tools to drive speech/sfx/music in innovative ways.
- Have a passion for team building and managing the career growth of audio designers.
- Experience commissioning and overseeing external Music Composers and Foley providers.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke and our weekly Friday get togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks parental leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.