About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
Splash Damage is looking for an Audio Director to guide our talented team in crafting outstanding audio experiences for our players. In this role you will inspire, support and empower our audio designers to deliver their best. You will define, champion and hold the audio vision for our projects and maintain alignment through every stage of development.
As an Audio Director you will:
- Define the audio quality in collaboration with our Project Directors and Leads.
- Motivate and inspire the audio team, enabling them to pursue their passion and excel in their areas of expertise.
- Maintain and support alignment in the team for the audio style & mood for our projects.
- Mentor, coach and manage the audio team with regular 1-2-1s, setting objectives and supporting a collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with production and discipline Leads on project planning, workflows and audio direction.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Have been Audio Lead or Director, with extensive experience developing AAA titles.
- Worked with script writers and voice providers to ensure Dialogue is of excellent standard.
- Ability to communicate with composers and direct the composition of music.
- Be able to organise and engineer large-scale field recording sessions.
- Have experience with game audio middleware such as Wwise and Fmod.
- Familiar with industry standard audio software such as Reaper.
- Experience in mixing and mastering of linear media such as trailers and cinematics.
- Ability to design game audio tools to drive speech/sfx/music in innovative ways.
- Have experience directing Foley, and working with Foley providers.
- Be able to oversee and assist in supporting a localisation pipeline.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke and our weekly Friday get togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks maternity and paternity leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.