Studio Development Director
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
As a Studio Development Director, you will join the Project Management Office (PMO) and be supporting all the complexity inherent from overseeing the quality of project management across our projects. You are responsible for creating, implementing, and continuously improving highly effective processes, tools, and development methodologies which can be established across all our development teams.
- Conduct and own our project management audit review process, ensuring advanced auditing of all documents required and providing a summary report with defined actions required.
- Promote the usage of best practices for project management for all projects, both simple and complex.
- Provide consulting for troubled projects.
- Develop project management training, certification, and development processes within the organisation so we become a centre of excellence for project managers.
- Increase the level of assured competence in our project management discipline.
- Establish a commonality of process and standardisation of terminology.
- Help define standardised processes for defining, initiating, and monitoring a project.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve Splash Damage production processes and drive improvements across consistency, budget management, quality, and on-time delivery.
- Build and ensure effective execution of Splash Damage production reporting and change management.
- Support with project tracking, reporting, and stage gate reviews.
- Assist in the development and deployment of our development framework for Splash Damage.
- Creation and management of ‘How to’ documentation and video training.
- Create project management development programmes which reflect project requirements, the needs of the discipline, and overall objectives for our company.
- Standardise our project management artifact templates in a central repository.
- Supervise/shepherd our PMO processes across all studio projects, ensuring operational excellence.
- Help mentor project management staff through each of the development phases for their projects.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing and collaboration across projects.
- Drive external stakeholder alignment rituals, including Stage Gate Reviews with Studio Leadership.
- Develop scalable value-driven processes.
- Help with studio reporting covering inter-department data (allocation, utilisation, attendance, task tracking, etc.)
- Coordinate, collect, and analyse project data from various stakeholders across the business.
- Assist with improving our PMO systems and tools, as well as developing project management artifact templates.
- Drive our documentation standards using a centralised PMO knowledge base.
- Evaluate the competencies of project managers to not only recruit the right candidates, but also to improve our project manager’s professional development.
- Monitor and compare planned objectives, requirements, risks, schedules, and budgets against what is being delivered for each project.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Expansive experience in hands-on game development project management; ideally delivering AAA games in a Development Director capacity, or similar.
- Deep knowledge of project management tools/software (e.g., Excel, Jira, Confluence, SharePoint, and Teams.)
- Exceptional communication skills, analytical skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to plan, organise, and navigate between multiple projects and priorities.
- Skilled in various project management methodologies (Agile, Kanban, Waterfall, etc.)
- Social intelligence, strong interpersonal skills, and empathy for creative teams.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.