About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running from your home during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, but we will expect you to come and work with us in our friendly studio in Bromley as and when it’s safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
We are looking for a talented Concept Artist to join our ranks! Working closely with your Lead CA & Art Director you will be tasked with developing ideas from the initial concept stages through to the polished production illustrations. You should be experienced in both designing and illustrating and you should have a strong understanding of fundamentals like form, function, perspective, light and design principles.
Expectations of the role
- Create high quality production designs, mood and lighting concepts
- Iterate on ideas quickly through sketches and thumbnails
- Create clear communicative illustrations of finalized designs
- Work with the Art Director and Lead Concept Artist to create and maintain high quality visual designs
- Collaborate with the other disciplines to solve problems where art and design meet
Essential Skills and Experience
- Great artistic skills and demonstrable application of colour and light in painting
- Strong sense of design and composition and a good eye for detail, materials and scale
- Good understanding of architecture and special composition
- Ability to create functional designs that fit within the project direction
- Versatility with speed of execution/iteration
- Good communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- Passion for game development and working as part of a team.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong traditional artistic skills
- High Quality portfolio of gamedev-relevant art
- Good self-management skills
- Working knowledge of 3D Art Software and Game Engines such as Unreal
- Previously shipped video game titles
- Knowledge and experience of multiplayer games
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.