About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
At Splash Damage, our Lead Lighting Artists help us deliver striking and beautifully lit games, infused with mood and atmosphere, guiding players through memorable journeys. They have a great taste and understanding of composition, tones and color and know how to achieve strong cohesive looks that elevates the game experience, story and image quality.
Splash Damage is looking for a talented Lead Lighting Artist to join our growing teams of exceptional developers, helping us to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions. Working closely alongside both our Art Directors and Lead Artists you will bring creative passion and technical skills help drive the quality of our current and upcoming titles.
- Bring the Art Directions vision and Aesthetics to life with excellent fidelity.
- Use the tools to their best effect, and collaborate with the Rendering team to push the technical boundaries while ensure the game is well presented and performant in different platforms.
- Building and maintaining a Lighting Pipeline that is scalable and that can provide excellent results.
- Ensuring the visuals of the game deliver a great game experience and readability.
- Leading, motivating and inspiring a team of creative artists while helping them to maintain quality, efficiency and consistency through feedback and mentoring.
- Strong understanding of art principles including tone, composition and colour theory.
- Good leadership and empathetic people management capability.
- Good understanding of Physically Based Rendering and HDR pipelines.
- Mastery over the baked and dynamic lighting solutions in Unreal.
- Awareness of the emotional storytelling that lighting brings to a scene.
- Experience developing quality lighting under runtime constraints.
- An understanding of cinematography lighting fundamentals.
- Experience shipping titles on the Unreal Engine.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.