About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
Splash Damage is looking for a talented Lead Lighting Artist with a strong understanding of lighting and composition to build upon the work of the other artists, while enhancing and supporting their work. Operating within our multi-discipline art team, you will be leading artists, setting workflows, providing visual benchmarks and mentoring.
You’ll be inspiring the team and setting the map art quality bar while collaborating closely with the Art Director and other sub discipline Art Leads to ensure the maps are fun to play and look visually impressive.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Translating the Art Director’s vision into achievable scene lighting for both gameplay and cinematics.
- Building a lighting pipeline within the Unreal engine working with Technical Art and Engineering teams.
- Leading, motivating and inspiring a team of creative artists while helping them to maintain quality, efficiency and consistency through feedback and mentoring.
- Establishing team processes and best practices.
- Coordination and collaboration with the project’s Production team and with other discipline Leads.
- Maintaining performance requirements while ensuring a high quality bar for the game.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Solid Expierence in Games or Film generating final lighting / rendering
- Experience as a Lead Artist on one shipped AAA title
- Experience as a Senior / Lead Artist in building a lighting pipeline in Unreal Engine
- Deep understanding of Physically Based Rendering and HDR pipelines
- Mastery over the baked and dynamic lighting solutions in Unreal
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine lighting tools
- A solid artistic foundation in the application of tone, colour and composition
- An understanding of cinematography lighting fundamentals
- Awareness of the emotional storytelling that lighting brings to a scene
- Experience developing quality lighting under runtime constraints
- Able to provide clear feedback and receive direction with humility
- Competent communication skills
- Passion for game development
- High level of autonomy and initiativetaking
- A critical eye for quality
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we'd love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.