About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
Development Directors at Splash Damage establish and drive the game’s development plan and schedule, successfully moving the development team from one project phase to the
Development Directors partner closely with internal and external project stakeholders, like producers, product managers, art directors, design directors, technical directors, and QA groups, to manage the project on time, to quality, and within budget. They own the project plan. They make data-driven decisions on the team’s forward-looking plans. They use this data to articulate the truth on the ground, and to be the voice of reason, as teams balance artistic ambition with their demonstrated capacity to execute on time
- Responsible for game development scheduling and roadmap construction and maintenance; risk management; task management and planning; scope and capacity planning; resource management; and team financial management.
- Partner with internal and external project stakeholders to define milestones and key deliverables.
- Develop and publish KPIs tracking progress, project quality, and predictability; and drive improvements and efficiencies by inventing and improving processes across the team.
- Help the team focus on the most critical issues with ruthless prioritization.
- In partnership with the rest of team leadership and business leadership, contribute to business planning, and to establishing and reaching business targets.
- Recruit and manage associate development directors or associate producers: coaching,
mentoring,and helping them level up.
- 3+ game development cycles as a producer or development director on a AAA game franchise or similar software development project.
- Experience with project management and tracking tools like Excel and JIRA.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; able to understand and simplify complex problems, and deliver solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Passion, energy, and enthusiasm to drive results.
- Experience managing project managers, development directors, and/or producers.
Bonus points for:
- Experience driving agile software development.
- Live services experience.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks maternity and paternity leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.