About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on several exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
We are increasing the Tech-Art presence across our projects here at Splash Damage and so we’re looking for an Associate Technical Artist to join the team.
Associate Technical Artists at Splash Damage are embedded in our various game projects to work alongside experienced Technical Artists and developers of the many other disciplines such as Art, Animation and Programming amongst others. They will partake in a wide range of different tasks depending on the different stages of the titles development which will build their experience to become rounded and versatile problem solvers.
We believe that leveling up our T shaped skills are an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our Technical Artists.
As a Technical Artist at Splash Damage, you will:
- Communicate with all disciplines to resolve issues and improve game quality
- Assist in Prototyping, develop and improve art pipelines
- Assist in Optimising run-time performance of our games
- Assist the programming team with implementing art-related tools and features
- Take part in implementing in-house and outsourced art assets
Essential skills and experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude is key.
- Reasonable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows using one or more 3D Digital Content Creation packages.
- One or more of the following:
- Good understanding of real-time physically-based materials & rendering (PBR)
- Good understanding of game engines, where UE3 or UE4 is preferred.
- Passion for games and game development
Bonus points for
- Digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
- Some familiarity with rigging and animation
- Familiarity with programming languages such as C++ or C#
- Familiarity with performance profiling and optimisation (CPU and/or GPU)
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.