About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running from your home during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, but we will expect you to come and work with us in our friendly studio in Bromley as and when it’s safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
We are increasing the Tech-Art presence across our projects here at Splash Damage and so we’re looking for an Associate Technical Artist to join the team.
Associate Technical Artists at Splash Damage are embedded in our various game projects to work alongside experienced Technical Artists and developers of the many other disciplines such as Art, Animation and Programming amongst others. They will partake in a wide range of different tasks depending on the different stages of the titles development which will build their experience to become rounded and versatile problem solvers.
We believe that leveling up our T shaped skills are an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our Technical Artists.
As a Technical Artist at Splash Damage, you will:
- Communicate with all disciplines to resolve issues and improve game quality
- Assist in Prototyping, develop and improve art pipelines
- Assist in Optimising run-time performance of our games
- Assist the programming team with implementing art-related tools and features
- Take part in implementing in-house and outsourced art assets
Essential skills and experience
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Strong proactive problem-solving attitude is key.
- Reasonable knowledge of modern game content creation workflows using one or more 3D Digital Content Creation packages.
- One or more of the following:
- Good understanding of real-time physically-based materials & rendering (PBR)
- Good understanding of game engines, where UE3 or UE4 is preferred.
- Passion for games and game development
Bonus points for
- Digital art skills (modelling, texturing, lighting)
- Some familiarity with rigging and animation
- Familiarity with programming languages such as C++ or C#
- Familiarity with performance profiling and optimisation (CPU and/or GPU)
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.