About Splash Damage
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
Splash Damage's Senior UI Designers bring the project UI user experience vision to life by applying their experience and technical expertise.
Senior UI Designers are well-versed in user-centred design methodologies and make a major impact at all stages of the UI design workflow. Together with the UI Design Lead, they establish the design direction for our interfaces; crafting designs, prototypes, and animations with a high degree of polish while working closely with UI engineers to get the best out of our technology.
We trust our Senior UI Designers to work autonomously and make intelligent decisions with the information at hand. They understand how to communicate the team’s solutions verbally and visually to stakeholders. They always look for ways to push themselves and their projects further and look for opportunities to share their experience with members of their team and the wider UI department.
We believe that levelling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our Senior UI Designers.
- Demonstrable interest in UI design for games; you’ve worked on at least 1 commercial project from inception to delivery
- Experience setting up workflows and project documentation; in collaboration with the UI lead, you support the team to be able to deliver to the standard required
- Player-centred approach to UX design, with solid knowledge of design processes and methodologies
- Knowledge of game accessibility best practices
- Fluency in current and upcoming game UI design trends, with a keen eye for composition, clarity, and usability
- A can-do attitude and strong teamwork skills; you love working with others to craft solutions and can provide direction, support, and feedback to other UI Designers when needed
- Great time management and organisational skills; you can assist in planning projects at both the high and sprint-level and get the job done without close supervision
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly to audiences of all experience levels
Bonus Points for:
- Experience managing or mentoring others
- Experience working with UMG
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.