About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running remotely during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. With the relaxing of travel and quarantine restrictions in the UK, we are now relocating new team members from outside the UK to London prior to starting their employment with us. This gives new Splashers the opportunity to establish a home in the local area, before joining their teams in working remotely until such time as we return to the studio. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, and look forward to having all of our amazing staff back into the studio as soon as it is safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
We’re seeking a world-class sound designer with veteran experience to lead the audio effort on a AAA first-person shooter coupled with a prestigious franchise. You’ll be working alongside the studio Audio Director to define the audio vision, aligning with the pillars of the game and working with the game team to see the project through to release.
- Audio Lead or project Audio Director, with extensive experience in industry and at least 2 complete cycles of shipped AAA titles in a lead capacity.
- Able to establish and direct the aesthetic of a project and communicate this effectively within the team as well as to external partners.
- Define the audio quality benchmarks on a project and inspire the team to achieve it.
- Develop and maintain audio roadmaps, schedules and capacity plans for the audio team in coordination with production and other departments.
- Demonstrate initiative and autonomy.
- Advanced Wwise user, experience with Unreal Engine and Reaper.
- Have experience performing and recording Foley and working with Foley providers.
- Experience mixing in 5.1 and 7.1 surround for games and linear media.
- Confident in organising and directing large-scale field recordings.
- Experience in tracklaying, mixing and mastering for trailers and cinematics.
- Able to direct and communicate effectively with music composers.
- Facilitates learning, growth and provides mentoring for the audio team.
- FPS, weapon design and multiplayer experience.
- Experience in producing dialogue pipelines, tools and playback systems.
- A basic understanding of technical audio skills and implementation.
- Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas and Premiere.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.