About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
In 2020 our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and our new own IP, Outcasters, which released on Stadia in December. There’s much more to come from us in 2021, and we cannot wait. As an Unreal Engine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore, we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
As an Associate Video Editor, you’ll be a key player in our Brand Team. At Splash Damage we regularly create videos for internal communications and ; you would play an important role in making sure that content is delivered at professional quality and on time. Working with our other editors and media artists you’ll develop and execute long-term video projects for the studio.
You’ll be an all-rounder with experience of cameras, sound recording, scripting, interviewing, audio & video editing software, motion graphics, and techniques in online video. You’ll be great at building and maintaining strong relationships with collaborators which will enable you to maximise content opportunities and showcase our work to our partners and players.
Responsibilities at a glance
- Work within the video team to concept, shoot and edit video to our highest quality standards and deliver within given deadlines
- Liaise with game teams to help plan, produce, and deliver video content on time
- Complete post-production for projects including grading, mastering, encoding in different formats and uploading to the web
- Research images, music, and video content as support material to video shoots, while maintaining relevant admin to document usage
Required skills and experience
- Proven experience of digital content production with a strong video background and editing show reel
- Highly proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (primarily Premiere, Audition and Photoshop)
- Ability to structure and generate scripts and shot lists
- Experienced in sound recording and editing
- Ability to work from concept to final delivery
- Excellent DSLR technical proficiency. Ability to configure cameras for exposure, colour white balance, slow motion, profiles, Knee & Gamma
- Ability to work under pressure and confident in delivering polished assets to tight deadlines, while prioritising multiple games simultaneously
- Understanding of video compression and optimisation for web video
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and value differing perspectives
Bonus points for
- Motion Graphics and After Effects experience
- A love of games and a passion for understanding how they’re developed
Please include a link to your show reel with your application, applications without a show reel will not be considered.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.