About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running from your home during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, but we will expect you to come and work with us in our friendly studio in Bromley as and when it’s safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
Systems, Rendering and Online programmers make up our Core Tech team and are responsible for implementing the core systems, graphics features, pipelines and infrastructure that empower the development team and provide the solid framework for all our titles. We work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development.
As a Lead Systems Programmer, you will be responsible for spearheading the effort of your team from architecture design, to implementation of large-scale engine features. You will consider the skills and talents of your team members and use their experience to identify risk, build roadmaps and become a force-multiplier for your team, mentoring them every step of the way.
We believe that constantly improving on our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
- Setting clear technical direction, intent and best practices within your team.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles.
- The leadership skills to lead a low-level systems development team.
- Professional experience iteratively implementing low-level engine features from inception to delivery.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Experience working closely with design teams to elicit requirements and design low-level engine systems.
Even better if you have:
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience on PC and/or consoles.
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Experience developing for Scarlett, PS5, Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
- Experience developing procedurally generated environments.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.