About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
Systems, Rendering and Online programmers make up our Core Tech team and are responsible for implementing the core systems, graphics features, pipelines and infrastructure that empower the development team and provide the solid framework for all our titles. We work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development.
As a Lead Systems Programmer, you will be responsible for spearheading the effort of your team from architecture design, to implementation of large-scale engine features. You will consider the skills and talents of your team members and use their experience to identify risk, build roadmaps and become a force-multiplier for your team, mentoring them every step of the way.
We believe that constantly improving on our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
- Setting clear technical direction, intent and best practices within your team.
- Identifying risks and blockers early and proactively removing them.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Seeing the big picture impact of decisions and critically evaluating them.
- Nurturing professional growth within your team with an enthusiastic attitude and a team-first mentality.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles.
- The leadership skills to lead a low-level systems development team.
- Professional experience iteratively implementing low-level engine features from inception to delivery.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
- Experience working closely with design teams to elicit requirements and design low-level engine systems.
Even better if you have:
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience on PC and/or consoles.
- Experience with multi-threaded development
- Experience developing for Scarlett, PS5, Xbox One and/or PS4.
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
- Experience developing procedurally generated environments.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.