About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
Reporting directly to the Board, the successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), with several years' post qualification experience in a similar capacity with a focus on financial & statutory reporting, management reporting, financial planning & analysis, tax
Excellent interpersonal skills are essential in order to build strong relationships with key stakeholders as are strong team management skills. Should have experience working with, presenting to and influencing senior management and the board members. Must be proactive, well
- Lead and develop the finance department
- Hold all senior stakeholders towards meeting quarterly and annual performance KPIs
- Lead the strategic implementation of the 5-year financial plan and ensure alignment with the Groups strategic plan from the board
- Lead the M&A and Corp finance strategy
- Ensure accounting and group financial reporting policies are continuously aligned and updated in line with
- Support the senior management team and board with insight, analysis
andrecommendations during investment appraisal and commercial negotiations
- Ensure the group is effectively managing its
cashflowand working capital
- Ensure compliance with regulatory requirements
- Ensure a robust financial control and governance framework is in place
Required skills and experience:
- Entrepreneurial and proactive mindset
- Experience in the computer games industry preferable
- Excellent interpersonal & influencing skills
- Ability to tailor communication to different audiences
- Ability to deal with complex accounting problems
- Experience of IFRS
- High level of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a 'can do' attitude
- They will need to be comfortable working across functions and challenging senior colleagues with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- They will be reporting to the Board and working closely with members of the senior management team.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks maternity and paternity leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.