Head of Global Integrated Communications
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
Our offices are based in Bromley, UK and Los Angeles, USA, and our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
We are looking for a highly connected, highly motivated leader to drive the global communications efforts for our products across PR, influencer, social, and community. As part of the publishing organization, you will work closely with marketing, development, community, streaming and other publishing leads to create cohesive long-term communication strategies that encompass a global multi-channel approach.
- Lead global communications strategies for Splash Damage’s and our affiliated partners’ premium and Games-as-a-Service products.
- Partner with the marketing and development teams to create and execute go-to-market and live communication plans across multiple channels.
- Provide guidance and oversight to the social, community, and influencer teams to ensure cohesive storytelling and consistent messaging with long-term global brand plans
- Build and maintain a network of relationships with press outlets and influencers to leverage throughout Splash Damage’s product lifecycles.
- Manage product crisis communications in coordination with Splash Damage’s corporate communications group.
- Grow, train, and oversee a team of integrated communication professionals working across all products in the organization.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure global communication touch points align with product vision and current content offerings.
- Create communications feedback loops and analytics to assist development teams in future live service content production and iteration.
- Manage and guide external communications agencies and partners across the globe to maintain consistent direction in each territory.
- Develop and maintain product messaging docs and resources – FAQs, media-trained spokespeople, approved product messaging – and ensure clear comms guidelines are set and implemented across the studio.
- Work with the marketing analytics team to develop measurable integrated communications KPIs and maintain an ongoing reporting system to track results.
- Provide ongoing industry news trends as they relate to Splash Damage’s product portfolio.
- Be the voice of integrated communications to the studio’s senior leadership, providing guidance and recommendations in all matters of product communications.
- Extensive track record of launching and managing successful live service products in a communications role.
- Experience growing and nurturing a cross-discipline communications team touching PR, social, community and influencer management.
- A deep roster of press and influencer relationships that can be utilized in the execution of the position.
- A demonstrable track record of collaborative work experiences where you partnered with other experts in their respective disciplines to drive favorable results.
- Strong presentation, written and analytical skills that can be used to advocate for resources with the executive team.
- Experience working across multiple cultures and markets in a global organization.
- Deep passion for gaming with a drive to develop specific expertise in the genres in which we compete.
- University degree in marketing, communication, or other relevant field preferred
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.