Internal Communications & Engagement
ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
We’ve grown a lot over the past couple of years and have introduced hybrid and remote working. All of this has made great internal communication more challenging and important than ever, and we’re looking for an experienced Internal Communications & Engagement Manager to help us keep our people updated on what matters. You’ll play a key role in strengthening our sense of community for everyone, no matter if they are working at our office or from home.
This is a new role for our studio, and an opportunity to establish a new function from the ground up.
- Develop and drive our annual communications calendar across all our internal comms channels, supporting our key themes for the year, recurring events, and employee-led initiatives
- Be the conduit for all studio-wide communication, with a particular focus on tone, relevance, frequency, and the appropriate channels to use
- Create and execute communications plans for major internal campaigns and change projects
- Craft video scripts and talking points for senior leaders and work with our video team on delivery
- Use analytics and qualitative insights to refine our communications approaches across our various channels (email, Slack, video)
- Work closely with our external communications team to create engaging and impactful content based on our internal activities
- Extremely well versed in internal communication, with at least 3 years of experience in a dedicated role
- Able to absorb lots of complex information and simplify it into engaging and relatable messaging
- A confident communicator with excellent verbal and written English skills
- Great at quickly building relationships at all levels of an organisation
BONUS POINTS FOR:
- Experience creating photo or video content
- Experience working in a creative or technology-focused industry
- A background in journalism, media, or community management
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.