ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
Splash Damage is looking for an Audio programmer for an exciting and ambitious new unannounced project! As an Audio Programmer you will be responsible for creating, extending and maintaining the game audio technology built around Unreal Engine and Wwise. Audio Programmers work with many disciplines, and particularly closely with the Audio and Core-Tech teams.
Through regular communication and interaction with other team members, you will gather the requirements for, and own the implementation of, audio features, pipelines and tools that will enable us to create high-quality games. You enjoy exploring new challenges and are comfortable solving difficult problems autonomously where required.
We work effectively in open and collaborative environments and employ a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as a team. We strive to ensure that our games always provide the best possible player experience, as well as being built with best-in-class tools, pipelines and processes.
You excel at:
- Working with members of the audio team & multiple disciplines to iteratively develop audio features that address and achieve the audio vision.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile team.
- Breaking down your work into measurable and achievable tasks.
- Writing clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- A passion for audio and games
- Professional experience iteratively implementing audio features from inception to delivery, ideally in Unreal Engine.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of 3D maths.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
Even better if you have:
- Professional development experience with multiplayer programming.
- Professional Unreal Engine development experience.
- Professional development experience with Audiokinetic Wwise, integrated into game engines (ideally Unreal Engine).
- Experience scripting (Python or similar).
- Knowledge of sound-design/sound-design pipeline and audio production software.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.