About Splash Damage
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
Concept Artists at Splash Damage are the talented individuals who translate ideas into tangible designs that inform the aesthetics of the worlds that the player will eventually move around, the characters they’ll meet and the props that they might wield.
We trust our Concepts Artists to not only visualise other people’s ideas but to build upon them in collaboration. Creating the rough initial sketches as well as filling in the missing finishing details.
Splash Damage is looking for a Character Concept Artist to join our growing teams of talented developers, helping us to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions.
- Create high quality realistic characters and creatures, loaded with narrative and personality.
- Communicate your ideas and thought processes through rapid iterative sketch work.
- Produce profile drawings and breakdown sheets of final designs.
- Work with the Art Director and Art Leads to maintain high quality visual designs in keeping with the projects visual direction.
- Collaborate with Design, Character Art and Animation to ensure that designs translate effectively from ideation into the game.
- An up-to-date portfolio filled with examples of character and creature designs.
- A grounding in traditional artistic skills with a demonstrable application of composition, light and colour.
- A strong sense of silhouette, form and proportion.
- Knowledge and understanding of real world human and animal anatomy.
- The ability to create believable new anatomies that translate well into 3D and animation.
- Skills in rendering convincing skin, hair, fabric and other surface material types.
- Proficiency with industry standard painting software such as Photoshop.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mind set.
- A professional approach to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- The ability to work well self-directing and within a team.
Bonus Points for:
- Previously experience in the video game industry.
- An understanding of video game character pipelines and processes.
- The ability to create sequential art and storyboards.
- An interest in fashion or an understanding of clothing construction.
- Experience designing props and other character related accessories.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.