About Splash Damage
Come join us!
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
We are looking for a talented Concept Artist to join our ranks! Working closely with your Lead CA & Art Director you will be tasked with developing ideas from the initial concept stages through to the polished production illustrations. You should be experienced in both designing and illustrating and you should have a strong understanding of fundamentals like form, function, perspective, light and design principles.
Expectations of the role
- Create high quality production designs, mood and lighting concepts
- Iterate on ideas quickly through sketches and thumbnails
- Create clear communicative illustrations of finalized designs
- Work with the Art Director and Lead Concept Artist to create and maintain high quality visual designs
- Collaborate with the other disciplines to solve problems where art and design meet
Essential Skills and Experience
- Great artistic skills and demonstrable application of colour and light in painting
- Strong sense of design and composition and a good eye for detail, materials and scale
- Good understanding of architecture and special composition
- Ability to create functional designs that fit within the project direction
- Versatility with speed of execution/iteration
- Good communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- Passion for game development and working as part of a team.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Strong traditional artistic skills
- High Quality portfolio of gamedev-relevant art
- Good self-management skills
- Working knowledge of 3D Art Software and Game Engines such as Unreal
- Previously shipped video game titles
- Knowledge and experience of multiplayer games
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.