About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
About Development Management at Splash Damage
Development Managers are the execution pioneers here at Splash Damage, responsible for building and delivering game experiences that continually delight our fans daily. We are the guardians of agile development process and practice; are responsible for driving alignment and accountability within each game team; are relentlessly focused on continued improvement; andensure partners goals are met with mind-blowing ends.
The Development Management team is a collective hivemind, collaborating with their product teams, operational disciplines and studio leadership, sharing knowledge and best practices. We are stewards of accountability making sure every developer here owns their products, processes andquality. We keep teams balanced, projects on track and stakeholders informed. We strive for smarter delivery, stronger teams and building forward-thinking live experiences that our players, and ourselves are all proud of.
What you're responsible for
A Senior Development Director leads and drives a game's overall development plan, constantly focused on team performance and health whilst executing against the ongoing vision for the game. They are entrusted with bringing together the people, materials and tools, un encumbering teams through constant direction, mentoring and management; and are not afraid to change agile production process to match team performance to ensure a strong focus on quality, teamwork, communication and improvement to continually execute great games and content.
As a Senior Development Director you own the project plan to launch and continually operate the game in on time, to quality, and within budget. Drawing on your agile leadership experience, you are able to continually review and improve the development process and team performance, and executive development plans to suit different projects. You are quality-first focused and understand the needs of our players and the business. You will be accountable for the overall project plan and make data-driven decisions to improve your teams and align them around the long-term plans for operating a GaaS. You will be the voice of reason when needed, as teams balance creative ambition with their proven capacity to execute on time. You will be the single source of truth and represent the state and the outlook of the project internally and to external clients; and able to foster a open, fun and transparent development culture that makes teams and players love the games we make.
If you pull this off in year one, you can expect to gain additional scale to your role and everything that comes with that.
What we'd like to see
- A gamer: you love games, you play games, you take play seriously – it’s what drove you to the industry and why you love coming to work every single day
- A strategist: your careful planning and dream to produce results makesyou an effective leader who can balance and prioritize short-term solutions with the long-term vision and goals; when making key decisions, you leave no stone unturned.
- A tactical delegator: you know how to get things done by using your tailored and proven management skills and clinical handling of agile development to allow your team to execute on the goals and craft the best product possible.
- Aspirational leader: you help others empower themselves by fostering an environment of shared ownership, accountability, constructive criticism, recognition, appreciation, and collaboration; you communicate daily with the team to update them on issues, achievements, priorities and goals.
- An information sponge: You are able to collect and articulate it with the teams and clients on a regular basis, tailoring your style and the content suitable to the audience at hand.
- A communications specialist: you know that good leadership is based on clear and aligned communication and trust. You are an ambitious leader that constantly maintains a high standard of openness and trust with every team member and expect the same high level of patience from your team as you do yourself.
- A flawless executioner: you've got the entire project mapped out with a clear view of the likely obstacles that are in your path and always have a crafted plan to steer clear of them through agile production and planning and advise other project leaders from falling over the same pitfalls.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.