About Splash Damage
Splash Damage is dedicated to crafting team-based games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork. We’ve forged enduring experiences within some of gaming’s most beloved franchises over the years and are now entering a bold new era fuelled by ambitious projects utilising both established and original IP, a move into self-publishing and expansion into new locations.
We're advocates for a healthy work-life balance and believe that our teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. We're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Our efforts have been recognised with several best employer awards over the years. Most recently, we were awarded the coveted 3-star ‘world-class employer’ accreditation by Best Companies and named the 58th best large company to work for in the UK, and the 29th best large company in London.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 situation, we're all currently working from home. We continue to hire across our projects and will set you up remotely for the time being.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with the 24/7 Babylon digital GP service
- Get mental health support from our trained Mental Health First Aiders or via our third-party counselling service
- 24/7 employee assistance helpline offering advice and support on a range of topics, including health, relationships, finances, and the law
- 25 days of annual leave, plus 8 public holidays and our annual closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Industry-leading fully-paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
- Enhanced company pension contributions
- Our famous social events are open to you and your family to help you build friendships and have some fun along the way
- Group life assurance scheme
As a Data Analyst, you will be joining our Project Management Office (PMO) and be responsible for defining and maintaining our data strategy, architecture, and tooling to support project management visibility and decision making across the department. The role resides within our PMO function, so a collaborative style of working is essential. You will be piecing together the existing systems and data assets, identifying the gaps, building analytics & reporting procedure, and recommending software and process adaption.
You are a critical player in the project management cycle, driving the command centre for all the information which comes into, and out of, this function.
- Work with, and support, our PMO function with timely, accurate, and valuable reporting/insight: covering Project Management, Quality Assurance, External Development, and Learning & Development areas.
- Administration, customisation, and development of Splash Damage’s project management tools and systems.
- Analyse our various sources of project data and information to provide key reports when guiding Senior Leadership decision-making.
- Provide high quality, regular project status reports for Senior Leadership and Operation Heads: including information such as high priority issues, observations, and suggested solutions – as well as defining the right KPIs to track.
- Support our portfolio management by monitoring our projects to ensure timely execution and completion. Closely following each project’s development, and track whether each stage gate is completed appropriately, and within time and budget.
- Collaborate with our Finance Analysts to align both project and business needs; understanding the cost and ROI of our game developments – as well as the additional spend on delays.
- Assist with continually improving our PMO processes, systems, and tools.
- Engage with the organisation and administration of project post-mortems.
- Facilitate in the development, data collection, roll-out, training, and administration of the central repository for project related information.
- Collaborate with development teams to audit progress in a manner which is helpful, not intrusive.
- Help raise the PMO profile across the company and aid in strong communication to project, operation, and senior leadership teams.
- Document and maintain data architecture, design, tooling, and related PMO services and processes.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Strong ability in analysis and critical thinking with attention to detail.
- Demonstrate knowledge of project management tools such as Microsoft Excel, Jira, etc.
- Be able to self-organise and build an agenda without constant supervision.
- Ability to research and propose new working practices.
- Capable of establishing rapport, and communicating effectively, across the organisation at varying levels.
- Expertise in data automation, modelling, visualisation, storage, extraction, and manipulation using common tools.
- Accustomed data professional with results-driven experience.
- Dashboard building and reporting experience in a professional context.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office; especially Excel, Power Bi, and SharePoint.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies in either software or technology development.
- Technically proficient with Jira.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.