We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
The candidate will have to:
- Construct in-game cinematic sequences across the entire creative process - narrative, storyboarding, animatic, previz, blocking, assisting casting, animation, editing, cinematography, lighting, VFX and audio.
- Excellent understanding of cinematic storytelling, pacing, and character development in an interactive medium.
- Well versed in a variety of cinematic presentation styles and up to date with the latest cinematic techniques and innovations.
- Help establish and drive the pipelines, processes, and methods necessary to take a cinematic from script through to final pixel.
- Maintaining consistent quality, style, and continuity, both visually and technically throughout the project.
- Assist in motion capture and performance capture sessions.
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time and to specifications through stand-ups and synchronization meetings to communicate vision and needs with other teams
- Liaise with other disciplines to resolve any technical difficulties and push project quality
Essential Skills and Experience
- Previous game or film experience working on sequences and cut scenes.
- Previous experience of working with performance capture data and applying it to cinematic sequences.
- Cinematography experience, focusing on scene composition, pacing, and editing
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Ability to give and receive feedback and adapt to visual direction.
- Working knowledge of Motion Builder, Maya, or another equivalent 3D program.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 3 published games with at least one AAA title in said role or equivalent
- Great working knowledge of UE4 cinematic tools or equivalent tech.
- Create high quality animations for characters, facial, props and vehicles for cinematics.
- You understand how gameplay and cinematic content interact with each other (transition in and out).
- Previous work with external partners and vendors.
- Please note that a cinematic reel of camera work and credits list of previous creative works is required for consideration
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.