As a Production Tester, you will play a key part in ensuring our projects are free of game-breaking bugs. Working perfectly in tune with the development and production teams, you’ll understand each and every game feature and communicate effectively to external test teams for optimal coverage. Alongside Production, you will also be working closely with developers from all disciplines to ensure that features are implemented on time and in a shippable state.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Establishing and running daily test cases for internal and external use.
- Reporting, managing and tracking bugs via our bug tracking system.
- Performing regression testing and verifying fixes.
- Ensuring tests are completed in accordance with project deadlines.
- Providing and collating feedback and suggestions for improvements to the game.
- Monitoring our forums for player reported issues, and escalating accordingly.
- Recognise and communicate risks to project delivery.
- Ensuring that all bugs are recorded in a clear and consistent format, keeping with the standard required of our testers.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Passionate about multiplayer experiences, including PvP and Co-op.
- Previous game testing experience with a developer or publisher.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work within tight time constraints in a high-pressure environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow technical instructions.
- Flexibility in regard to hours of work. (If required, the job holder will be expected to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and/or bank holidays if necessary.)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- At least 1 years’ experience within the games industry.
- Experience in using bug reporting and management systems (e.g. JIRA).
- Experience with testing console games.
- Good knowledge of PC software and hardware.
- Computer games technology degree or similar related degree.
- Experience in being a member of a gaming community or being part of content creation/mod making.
- Knowledge of different working methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks maternity and paternity leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.