About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
Splash Damage is looking for a talented Cinematic Artist that has a passion for filmmaking and understands a games development. At a creative level, this role requires someone to create a high-quality cinematics in collaboration with the project's cinematic and narrative team and translate those ideas into high quality scripted moments and interactive elements.
The Cinematic Artist will be also be responsible for maintaining, supporting, and preparing our scenes for other teams, ensuring that all assets are ready for handover. The ideal candidate is not only artistically and technically adept, but capable of clear communication and collaboration with other sub-disciplines and the wider development team.
The candidate will have to:
- Support the cinematic creative vision for the project
- Construct in-game cinematic sequences across the entire creative process - storyboarding, animatic, previz, blocking, editing, cinematography, scene layout
- Excellent understanding of cinematic storytelling, pacing, and character development in an interactive medium.
- Help support our internal pipelines, processes, and methods necessary to take a cinematic from script through to final rendered in real-time.
- Maintaining consistent quality, style and continuity, both visually and technically throughout the project
- Prepare scenes and setup for motion capture and performance capture sessions.
- Liaise with other disciplines to resolve any technical difficulties and push project quality
Essential Skills and Experience
- Preferably at least one published game or previous film/game experience in a similar role.
- Able to take Cinematic Leads brief and create a working edit of the cutscenes
- Experience in the development of high-quality AAA cinematic art
- Previous game or film experience working on action-oriented sequences and cut scenes.
- Previous experience of working with performance capture data and applying it to cinematic sequences.
- Cinematography experience, focusing in scene composition, pacing and editing
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Ability to receive feedback and adapt to visual direction
- Working knowledge of MotionBuilder, Maya or other equivalent 3D program
Preferred Skills and Experience
- General knowledge of UE4 cinematic tools or equivalent tech
- Technical problem solving
- Able to create high quality animations for characters, facial, props and vehicles for cinematics.
- You understand how gameplay and cinematic content interact with each other (transition in and out)
- Previous work with external partners and vendors
- Have a desire to create games
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.