Receptionist and Facilities
Receptionist and Facilities Administrator
About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
We’re looking for a professional, confident and outgoing individual who will provide an effective reception and telephony service to Splash Damage and to provide pro-active generalist Facilities support to the Facilities team. The need to be able to work in a lone environment is essential.
- To receive all visitors to the Bromley office ensuring they are dealt with in a professional manner and that visitor passes are issued
- To assist with the process of hand deliveries of post to ensure delivery to the correct parties
- To answer all incoming telephone calls to main switchboard ensuring they are directed to the appropriate department or person or relay messages as appropriate
- To be responsible for issuing and control of access fobs to staff, visitors and contractors determining suitable security access levels in line with Splash Damage security procedures
- Monitor access patterns for security and fire precaution purposes
- To be responsible for monitoring stationery levels and ordering stationery ensuring sufficient supplies at all times
- To be responsible for monitoring beverage levels and ordering and distributing sufficient supplies ensuring availability at all times (includes frozen late food, pastries, tea, coffee, sugar, milk, chocolate, soft drinks and beers)
- When necessary organise company travel and preparing detailed itineraries ensuring accuracy and VFM at all times
- Provide the booking of couriers when necessary
- Ordering and delivering corporate lunches when necessary
- General administrative support for Facilities function
- Working with fault reporting and project management software (Zendesk and Jira)
- Be self-servicing
- Contribute to team meetings and organisational priorities
- Be flexible within the broad remit of the post
- Take direction on projects and priorities from your line manager, which may vary from time to time
- Be proactive in keeping up to date with developments affecting your work
Required Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience of working in a reception/administration service function within a busy office environment preferably with office or Facilities experience
- To be self-servicing with the ability to work unsupervised carrying out duties alone and taking a flexible pro-active approach to work
- Organisation and time management skills
- Awareness of building and personal security
- Communicate effectively using appropriate methods of language, including IT, with a range of audiences
- Intermediate IT skills in word-processing (Word), spreadsheets (Excel), e-mail (Outlook and GMail) and internet in a windows environment
- Assess needs of a wide range of callers and visitors and provide appropriate service
- Willingness to undertake further development or training in relevant area
- Demonstrate anti-discriminatory practice in all areas of work
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke and our weekly Friday get togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks maternity and paternity leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.