About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
Directly reporting to the Financial Director, the successful candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent), with previous experience in a similar capacity preferably in the games industry or a similar creative environment with a focus on financial & statutory and management reporting. Joining our vibrant team of games industry professionals, you will be responsible for helping deliver timely & accurate management information to both internal & external stakeholders.
preparationand production of monthly management accounts by Management Accountant and ensure timely delivery of management information to stakeholders;
- Manage preparation & timely delivery of interim and annual reporting packs to corporate headquarters for bi-annual stock market reporting;
- Provide ongoing guidance and support to
- Support Financial Controller when liaising with auditors for interim and annual audits, ensuring all deadlines are met;
creationof the interim and annual tax comps by the external tax team and submission of annual returns;
submissionof quarterly VAT returns;
- Manage monthly variance analysis and the continuing review of financial performance against the initial budget,
reforecastand prior year;
- Support Financial Controller with continuous updating of accounting and group financial reporting policies to ensure alignment with
- Support Financial Controller regarding compliance with regulatory requirements and
- Other ad-hoc duties as required.
Required skills and experience:
- Entrepreneurial and proactive mindset
- Experience in the computer games industry preferable
- Excellent interpersonal & influencing skills
organisationaland analytical skills
- High level of accuracy and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to tailor communication to different audiences
- Ability to deal with complex accounting problems
- Experience of UK GAAP/FRS 101 & IFRS
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated with a 'can do' attitude
- Comfortable working across functions and challenging senior colleagues with the ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of company technology, products
- Keep abreast of industry standards and new technologies
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks maternity and paternity leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.