About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on numerous exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, Halo: The Master Chief Collection and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
(Please note that this role will be a Fixed term arrangement for a Maternity Leave cover)
The ideal Assistant Finance Analyst will be a part of a dynamic finance team reporting directly to the Finance Business Partner. The individual will be a part-qualified accountant who will be assisting in the FP&A of the company as well as individual projects and departments. The individual will partner across functions and management levels to ensure rigid budget control and use KPI and variance analysis to drive value creation amongst the teams.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Assist in the preparation of departmental and project forecasts, including liaising with budget holders to help them understand and track their budgets, and understand the financial impact of budgetary decisions
- Assist in the preparation and completion of company-wide 5-year forecast, including preparation of P&L, Balance Sheet and Free Cash Flow forecasts
- Assist in the preparation of year-end budgets, including liaison with project and departmental leads to understand the upcoming period
- Calculation and submission of VGTR (Video Game Tax Relief) applications, including liaising with auditors and producers to ensure accuracy and completion
- Preparation and completion of weekly cashflow forecasts based on daily postings, including highlighting short-term cashflow risks to management as and when they occur to priorities the decisions that need to be made
- Financial modelling and investment appraisal of future potential opportunities to guide further business decisions
Required Skills and Experience
- Proficient financial modelling, data manipulation and Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to convey complex financial ideals to non-financial individuals
- Ability to link financial results and KPI measurements to operational and commercial impacts and trends
- Financially and commercially astute, and able to tell a story from the numbers
- Ability to communicate and influence across a wide range of roles and management
- Good attention to detail with a focus on cost control and KPI analysis
Desired Skills and Experience
- A passion for gaming and the industry
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with employees and directors
- Work well under pressure with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to change approach or workload based on business needs
- Willingness to take initiative to figure out new and better ways of working on existing processed
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games and that shows in daily office life. We get together regularly for a wide range of social events, enjoying pub quizzes, cinema trips and gaming nights, competing in our plethora of sports and game groups, and letting our hair down at our legendary company parties, karaoke, and our weekly Friday get-togethers for in-house drinks, games and more.
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks maternity and paternity leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.