ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
At Splash Damage, we create multiplayer combat games that champion team play and promote lifelong friendships. Members of the Gameplay programming team at Splash Damage are responsible for implementing new and exciting gameplay features within a multiplayer environment. We work closely with other disciplines to help them realise their ideas through rapid prototyping and iterative agile development.
As a Senior Gameplay Programmer, you will use your advanced knowledge and experience to own the technical design and implementation of large-scale game features. Through mentoring and championing of best practices, you will provide day-to-day support for more junior members of the team whilst effectively managing your own time and workload through delegation. You will help drive the project forward by working with your discipline lead to plan and maintain roadmaps.
We believe that constantly improving our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular leadership, management and mentoring training opportunities.
You excel at:
- Working with members of multiple disciplines to effectively elicit requirements and translate them into technical designs.
- Identifying and championing best practices within your specialist domain.
- Working effectively in open and collaborative environments.
- Employing a can-do attitude to solve difficult problems as part of an agile, fast-moving and highly-focused team.
- Writing clear, maintainable and portable code.
- Communicating ideas, intent and constraints to both technical and non-technical team members.
- Strong practical knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience.
- Strong understanding of game-development related 3D maths principles.
- The ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical team members.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to self-organise.
- The people skills to work collaboratively within a team.
- Professional experience iteratively implementing gameplay features from inception to delivery.
- Experience mentoring junior team members and providing clear and considered feedback.
- Experience working in all phases of game development, from feature design and implementation to bug-fixing.
Even better if you have:
- Professional development experience with real-time networked multiplayer games.
- Professional Unreal Engine 4 development experience.
- Experience developing for Xbox One and/or PS4. PlayStation5 experience a bonus
- Experience profiling and optimising code for optimal CPU, memory and bandwidth usage.
- Experience developing procedurally generated environments.
- Experience in animation programming.
- Experience delivering systems or content for a live-service release schedule would be a plus
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.