ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We look after our people with an extensive package of benefits, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
Lead UI Engineers are accountable for establishing and driving the technical design and implementation of the user interface.
They create project roadmaps for UI engineering and plan sprints for their team, effectively prioritising work to make ideal use of each team member’s skills. Drawing upon their experience in UI development, they will share knowledge with their team to create performant and robust data-driven interfaces that commit to the core technical pillars of a project. They collaborate with other disciplines to realise their ideas through iterative UI development and are not afraid to dive into hands-on work when necessary.
We trust our Lead UI Engineers with a large degree of autonomy throughout the development cycle, and they put the needs of their team over their own. They are capable leaders who can keep their team of programmers motivated, providing effective coaching, feedback, and opportunities for growth along the way. They regularly collaborate with a project’s leadership team to solve project-level issues and represent their discipline effectively both internally as well as to external partners.
We believe that levelling up our skills is an essential part of the job and offer regular training opportunities and mentorship to all our UI staff.
- Dependable people skills, an enthusiastic attitude, and a team-first mentality; you give effective direction, support, and feedback, and can nurture professional growth in your team
- Proven technical UI leadership experience; you’ve set a clear technical direction and best practices for at least one commercial project and led a UI team through to shipping
- Experience setting up pipelines and project documentation; you can see the big picture and you know what’s needed to align your team to be able to deliver to the standard required
- Expert knowledge of C++, with relevant professional experience
- Practical UI implementation knowledge; you have worked with UI Design teams to understand and overcome technical limitations, you can break down UI designs into core components with reusability in mind
- Proven time management and organisational skills; you can plan your project at both roadmap and sprint levels and, how to prioritise your team’s work for maximum impact
- Comfortable working without close supervision; you can get the job done and make intelligent decisions with the information at hand
- Considerate communication and presentation skills; you’re able to present ideas clearly to audiences of all experience levels
- A real enthusiasm for game UI.
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with Unreal Engine and Unreal Motion Graphics (UMG)
- Experience with accommodating a variety of player accessibility needs
- Multi-platform and console development experience
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.