About Splash Damage
Come join us!
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running from your home during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, but we will expect you to come and work with us in our friendly studio in Bromley as and when it’s safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
As a lead production tester, you will be responsible for the quality of one of our games in development on multiple platforms. By syncing constantly with your team of embedded testers and working with external QC teams, you will know better than anyone what the game looks like at any moment. And as the champion of the game’s quality, you will define what good looks like with the developers and raise risks to production.
You are familiar with every step of a game’s production and you know what is the best way to handle quality at each of those steps.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Become the primary point of reference about the content and the status of the AAA game you will work on
- Manage workload and career progression of your team of embedded Production testers
- Drive QC plans with external teams, perform triage, assess priorities and provide reports to production
- Support the team on their daily task to deliver in quality, and on time
- Represent QA in Development Meetings, pushing for risk mitigation where appropriate and ensuring alignment as well as flagging risks to budget or project from development driven change.
- Work with partner teams to ensure deliverables are defined and delivered efficiently.
- Recognise, communicate and mitigate risks to project delivery
- Drive improvement initiatives across the entire development team
Required Skills and Experience
- At least 1 shipped AAA title from inception to shipping within a development studio environment
- Previous experience with TRC’s/Compliance testing
- Good understanding of the bug tracking process and software involved
- Ability to plan and prioritise work within severe time constraints in a high pressure environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow technical instructions
- Team-oriented and professional when dealing with other members of the company
- Flexibility in regard to hours of work
- Must be proactive, flexible, and able to adapt QA process to the critical needs of the development team.
- Be able to mentor and evolve direct reports.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Experience of working with teams over multiple sites/countries.
- Knowledge of a large panel of QA methodologies: automated, embedded, exploratory, agile, destructive, 3 amigos…
- Post launch support experience
- Experienced gamer, across various platforms (PC and Consoles)
- Good knowledge of PC software and hardware
- Basic knowledge of programming languages
- Computer games technology degree
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.