About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
In 2020 our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and our new own IP, Outcasters, which released on Stadia in December. There’s much more to come from us in 2021, and we cannot wait.
As an Unreal Engine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore, we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
As a Creative Designer, you’ll play a vital part of Splash Damage’s Brand helping to ensure our studio and game branding assets are delivered to a consistent creative and polished standard.
In this role you’ll be creating assets for both our Studio and our games, helping to develop the branding of our original IPs, and ensuring all assets both internal and external are always on point. You’ll be excited to collaborate with teams, confident working from concept to final delivery, and keen to learn and grow with the support of the studio.
Working with the Studio’s Principle Creative Designer and our in-house Brand team, you’ll play a key role in helping increase the visibility of the Studio along with developing and pushing our game branding.
Responsibilities at a glance
- Designing creative digital & print assets, merchandise, presentations, and other branding materials from concept to final delivery to satisfy all briefs
- Working closely together with the Brand team to ensure that all materials are print and posting perfect, approved by all stakeholders and all deadlines are met
- Ensuring regular communication and liaising with relevant members of the Brand team, game teams, print companies and other external suppliers
- Developing and updating all brand guidelines
- Keeping up to date with current design trends and software
Required skills and experience
- Highly competent in the latest Adobe Creative Cloud software – (primarily Photoshop, Illustrator & InDesign)
- Detail oriented and creative with the ability to work from concept to final polished delivery
- Knowledge of prepress and experience in the creation of print ready artwork
- Ability to work on numerous briefs concurrently
- Proven ability to generate concepts and develop ideas
- Pace, energy, and a real intuitive flair for imagery, graphics, and typography
- Great communicator at all levels and strong decision maker
Bonus points for
- Digital illustration skills
- Experience within the games industry or related entertainment industry
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine 4 and 3D programs such as Maya or 3ds Max
- Advanced experience in Microsoft Office Suite (PowerPoint, Word, etc.)
Please include a link to your portfolio with your application, applications without a portfolio link will not be considered.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.