About Splash Damage
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
Concept Artists at Splash Damage are the talented individuals who translate ideas into tangible designs that inform the aesthetics of the worlds that the player will eventually move around, the characters they’ll meet and the props that they might wield.
As a Principal Concept Artist at Splash, you will design mechanical characters, vehicles and organic creatures. Striking the optimal balance in between visuals and functionality, bringing to life evocative designs that are full of character and detail. You have a great understanding of mechanical design and human form, and how to make characters come to life in a credible manner.
We trust our Principal Concepts Artists to not only visualise other people’s ideas but to build upon them in collaboration. Creating the rough initial sketches as well as filling in the missing finishing details.
Splash Damage is looking for a Principal Concept Artist with a passion for mechanical design to join our growing teams of talented developers, helping us to create exciting games that are expertly built and enjoyed by millions.
- Create high quality concept art for: mechanical designs, characters, creatures and vehicles.
- Communicate your ideas and thought processes through rapid iterative sketch work.
- Produce profile drawings and breakdown sheets of final designs.
- Work with the Art Director to maintain high quality visual designs in keeping with the project visual direction.
- Collaborate with other sub disciplines to ensure that signed off designs translate effectively into the game.
- Coach and mentor junior level staff through knowledge sharing.
- An up-to-date portfolio with examples showing complete ideation processes.
- A grounding in traditional artistic skills with a demonstrable application of composition, light and colour.
- A strong sense of silhouette, form and proportion.
- Skills in rendering convincing surface material types.
- Proficiency with industry standard painting software such as Photoshop.
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative mind set.
- A professional approach to giving and receiving constructive feedback.
- The ability to work well self-directing and within a team.
Bonus Points for:
- An understanding of video game pipelines and processes.
- The ability to create sequential art and storyboards.
- Basic hard surface 3D skills with Blender, SketchUp or other industry recognised applications.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.