About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships amongst our players and our staff by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences. We only team up with the world’s leading partners and have worked with many of gaming’s most beloved universes over the years.
Our studio culture is built around autonomy, friendliness, and constant learning, and we look after our talent with a comprehensive benefits package. The Sunday Times named Splash Damage the UK’s 47th Best Company to Work For in 2018, and we’ve been awarded their Best Companies accreditation four years running. We also believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives and opinions to draw from, and we are committed to increasing diversity across our studio to consistently enable that.
We are currently working on several exciting titles for PC and consoles, including Gears 5, Gears Tactics, and a few that haven’t been announced yet. Come join us!
As an Audio Designer at Splash Damage you will be responsible for the recording, design and implementation of Sound Effects and Dialogue in our games. Join our awesome audio team and help us make some amazing sounding games.
- You must have been an Audio Designer within the games industry with at least 1+ complete cycle of a shipped AAA title
- Have in-depth knowledge and experience with many types of microphones and recorders
- Be able to take an active role in field recording sessions, managing multiple mics and recorders
- Have thorough experience working with dialogue including editing, planning and processing
- Have experience with audio middleware such as Wwise
- Be familiar with industry-standard audio software such as Reaper and a variety of plugins
- Have experience in tracklaying, mixing and mastering linear media such as trailers and cinematics
- Work with the development team to design cutting edge game audio tools for speech/sfx/music in innovative ways
- Have experience with game engines including Unreal 4
- Experience with other game engines such as Cryengine and Unity
- Experience editing music stems for AAA games and implementing in Wwise and game engine to a professional standard
- Keep up to date on industry standards and developments in sound production and mixing techniques in other fields such as film and music
- A degree in music or sound design
- A basic understanding of how code is written is a plus
- Experience with video editing tools such as Vegas and Premiere
Splash Damage offers a fun, friendly and relaxed working environment. Everyone here shares a passion for video games / shooting people in the face and that shows in daily office life. We also regularly get together for social events like pub quizzes, cinema nights, football, and company parties.
Find out more on our Studio page.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHWe offer Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family. We also cover the cost of complementary therapies, eye tests, gym memberships and more.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
WORK & LIFE BALANCEWith 8 public holidays, our staff have a total of 33 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 year with us.
FAMILY FRIENDLY10 weeks maternity and paternity leave, along with flexitime, helps new parents manage their time.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have a free car park on site, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly haircuts on site and discounts at many local businesses.