Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
The FP&A Manager will be a qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) who will be responsible for the FP&A of the company as well as individual projects and departments. The individual will partner across functions and management levels to ensure rigid budget control and use KPI and variance analysis to drive value creation amongst the teams. The individual would also manage a team of 2 members, making up the FP&A side of the Finance team.
- Preparation and completion of company-wide forecast, including preparation of P&L, Balance Sheet and Free Cash Flow forecasts
- Preparation of year-end budgets, including liaison with project and departmental leads to understand the upcoming period
- Work with the Executive board to support commercial decisions and negotiations
- Support project leaders with forecasting sales and KPI analysis to support high-level decisions
- Presentation of annual forecasts to major stakeholders in the company, including the executive team, parent company executives and auditors
- Analyse and forecast company growth in both value and headcount to inform decisions affecting the business pipeline and decision priority
- Financial modelling and investment appraisal as required
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent financial modelling, data manipulation and Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and able to convey complex financial ideals to non-financial individuals
- Ability to link financial results and KPI measurements to operational and commercial impacts and trends
- Experience of implementing executive-level dashboards and BI systems
- Working knowledge of the games industry, ideally in a working environment and able to keep up to date of the latest market trends
- Financially and commercially astute, and able to tell a story from the numbers
- Ability to communicate and influence across a wide range of roles and management
- Good attention to detail with a focus on cost control and KPI analysis
Desired Skills and Experience
- Previous experience forecasting for a project-based tech environment, preferably within the games industry
- A passion for gaming and the industry
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with employees, clients and directors
- Ability and desire to challenge the norm, and provide new forecasting approaches and methodologies
- Work well under pressure with a focus on accuracy and attention to detail whilst meeting deadlines.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and able to change approach or workload based on business needs
- Video Game Tax Relief knowledge is an advantage
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.