About Splash Damage
We founded Splash Damage with a mission to create lifelong friendships for our players and our employees by building the world’s most engaging multiplayer experiences with world-leading partners. Our teams have just celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics and we’re currently working on several exciting unannounced titles.
Our people always come first, and we acted swiftly to ensure that we moved all our employees to a work from home model during the COVID-19 outbreak in the UK, and this will continue for the foreseeable future. With our first-class virtual onboarding programme, we’re able to get you up and running from your home during this time and we’re maintaining our relaxed and welcoming culture with digital social events, daily company communications and much more. We will continue to monitor the situation in line with government advice, but we will expect you to come and work with us in our friendly studio in Bromley as and when it’s safe to do so.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer flexible working arrangements to suit individual needs and a comprehensive benefits package which focuses on family and mental well-being. Together with this we’ve been running a formal Equality, Diversity and Inclusion programme for nearly two years and are committed to increasing diversity across our studio.
We are looking for a talented Concept Artist to join our teams at Splash Damage. You will be working closely with the Art Director and the rest of the art and design teams to create inspiring images, solve visual challenges and help drive the quality of our current and upcoming titles.
For this you will get a variety of tasks from developing early ideas and sketches for the initial concept stage, to creating polished production illustrations and designs.
- Fluent in photoshop and flexible to learn new tools
- Great art skills and understanding of art fundamentals like shape language, form + function, perspective, composition, colour theory, lighting, perspective
- Strong sense of design, composition and a good eye for detail and scale
- Ability to create functional designs
- Good communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- Passion for game development and working closely with other disciplines
- Ability to generate quick sketches and ideas as well as creating polished artwork
- A deeper understanding of one or more of the following:
- Architectural Design – strong understanding of the layout, proportions & construction of a range of building types, both realistic and imaginary.
- Industrial & mechanical design principals and their application to fictional vehicles, machines, weapons etc.
- Strong anatomical knowledge - to create a variety of unique and interesting characters and creatures full of personality in a range of styles
- Ability to adapt to a variety of visual styles with minimal supervision
- Experience in 3D packages and Game Engines such as Unreal
- An understanding in the game development process
- Good self-motivation and self-management skills
- Previously shipped video game titles
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.