About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio.
As a Production Tester, you will play a key part in ensuring our projects are free of game-breaking bugs. Working perfectly in tune with the development and production teams, you’ll understand each and every game feature and communicate effectively to external test teams for optimal coverage. Alongside Production, you will also be working closely with developers from all disciplines to ensure that features are implemented on time and in a shippable state.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Establishing and running daily test cases for internal and external use.
- Reporting, managing and tracking bugs via our bug tracking system.
- Performing regression testing and verifying fixes.
- Ensuring tests are completed in accordance with project deadlines.
- Providing and collating feedback and suggestions for improvements to the game.
- Monitoring our forums for player reported issues, and escalating accordingly.
- Recognise and communicate risks to project delivery.
- Ensuring that all bugs are recorded in a clear and consistent format, keeping with the standard required of our testers.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Passionate about multiplayer experiences, including PvP and Co-op.
- Previous game testing experience with a developer or publisher.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work within tight time constraints in a high-pressure environment.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to follow technical instructions.
- Flexibility in regard to hours of work. (If required, the job holder will be expected to work outside normal office hours, including weekends and/or bank holidays if necessary.)
Desirable Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working within the games industry.
- Experience in using bug reporting and management systems (e.g. JIRA).
- Experience with testing console games.
- Good knowledge of PC software and hardware.
- Computer games technology degree or similar related degree.
- Experience in being a member of a gaming community or being part of content creation/mod making.
- Knowledge of different working methodologies such as Agile and Waterfall.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.