About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
Splash Damage is looking for a Senior Layout Artist you will be responsible for overseeing the layout phase of cinematics. At a creative level, this role requires someone to prepare and deliver a strong vision in collaboration with the Cinematic Lead and Mission Team to create high quality In-Game Sequences as well as liaising with partners to make sure that we have a coherent style across the game.
The ideal candidate is not only artistically and technically adept, but capable of clear communication and collaboration with other sub-disciplines and the wider development team.
This position entails a great deal of responsibility and opportunity to drive further the development of a strong team and for which your artistic, technical and managerial expertise are with great importance to the studio.
The candidate will have to:
- Construct in-game cinematic sequences across all disciplines including – narrative, previz, blocking, layout, animation, editing, cinematography, lighting, VFX, audio.
- Excellent understanding of cinematic storytelling, pacing, and character development in an interactive medium.
- Well versed in a variety of cinematic presentation styles and up to date with the latest cinematic techniques and innovations.
- Help develop the pipelines, processes and methods necessary to take a cinematic from script through to final rendered in real-time.
- Maintaining consistent quality, style and continuity, both visually and technically throughout the project
- Adjust camera positions and animation to fulfil the directors brief and match previz
- Assist with the solving and editing of body and facial motion capture data as and when required
- Model proxy set geometry using existing assets or identify new assets that will need to be created
- Ensuring a productive internal workflow and beneficial relationships with external partners
- Prioritizing and managing tasks to ensure that deliverables are completed on time
- Liaise with other disciplines to resolve any technical difficulties and push project quality
Essential Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 2 published games with at least one AAA title
- Experience as an artist or animator in the development of high-quality AAA cinematic art
- Previous game or film experience working on action-oriented sequences and cut scenes.
- Previous experience of working with performance capture data and applying it to cinematic sequences.
- Cinematography experience, focusing in scene layout, composition, pacing and editing
- Self-motivated, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Exposure to motion capture, particularly facial work, is a big plus
- Ability to give and receive feedback and adapt to visual direction
- Working knowledge of Unreal Sequencer
- Working knowledge of MotionBuilder, Maya or other equivalent 3D program
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Great working knowledge of UE4 cinematic tools or equivalent tech
- Technical problem solving
- Create high quality animations for characters, facial, props and vehicles for cinematics.
- You understand how gameplay and cinematic content interact with each other (transition in and out)
- Previous work with external partners and vendors.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.