About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
As a Technical Level Designer at Splash Damage, you will work closely with other disciplines to help drive the technical implementation of campaigns, gameplay systems and level features, working with and reporting to a Lead Level Designer.
- You will prove new features by creating and implementing prototypes, or providing accessible prototypes for the level design team to work with.
- You will be expected to have an aptitude for solving complex scripting problems, implement robust technical solutions, and conducting training sessions for the level design team, on the best practices for using the tools and systems within levels.
- You will act as a technical reference and owner for scripted features within the levels, and be capable of working to a high standard with and without close supervision. This will involve good collaborative and communication skills, evangelising the discipline while also responding well to feedback, and syncing with the team on build reviews to ensure that levels are playable and robust
Essential Skills and Experience
- A passion for making and playing games
- Industry experience and at least 1 shipped AAA current gen (PS4 / XBOX ONE) console or PC title, ideally worked on from beginning to end
- Experience prototyping and implementing levels and gameplay features using UE4, Unity or similar
- Experience with a visual scripting or programming language
- Good understanding of Level Design principles, and how systems can impact a maps design (e.g. pacing, balancing, replayability, etc)
- Ability to work collaboratively with other disciplines, and work independently without close supervision when necessary
Preferred Skills and Experience
- A strong knowledge and understanding of Blueprint scripting in Unreal Engine 4, with demonstrable examples of work in this area
- Professional experience in shipping first or third person shooter titles
- Experience or knowledge in the technical implementation of dynamically populated levels
- Experience or knowledge in level streaming techniques, and managing performance issues well
- Experience with 3d level design tools
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.