Head of Global Brand Management
About Splash Damage
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, and Los Angeles, USA, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
We are seeking a Head of Global Brand Management for Splash Damage’s publishing group. In this role you will drive the development and management of the entire portfolio of brands owned by The Splash Damage Group and its partners and affiliated companies.
Reporting to the Head of Global Publishing, this role will be responsible for developing and executing long-term franchise strategy, brand development, and go-to-market plans. You will work closely with the development teams to define the brand essence and ensure clearly differentiated features, translate product features into marketing pillars and key communication points. You will brief the internal agency on creative development and assist them in managing external creative partners. You will be highly collaborative while possessing confidence and passion to persuade others to buy into your vision.
- Hire and develop a Brand team who will work closely with the rest of Publishing, product development and marketing to develop brand strategies, product positioning and assets around announce, launch, and major content and marketing updates for the life of the product, with both premium and GaaS games
- Be the primary advocate for the franchise strategy to the executive team, achieving buy-in and alignment across the organization.
- Give direction to internal Creative Services team and help manage external agencies to execute on your brand strategies and campaigns
- Own the Publishing side of greenlight gates, including working with development to best position the products for approval by executive teams and the parent organization
- Work with the Research & Insights team to understand larger industry and genre trends and translate that into uniquely differentiated positioning and creative strategies
- Manage the Integrated Communications team, including PR, influencer management and live streaming
- Grow and manage a social media team, with the intent of retaining players through our game social media accounts
- Develop and manage relationships with 3rd parties for promotions and partnerships, and well as licensed content
- 10+ years experience developing and growing brands in the videogame space
- Experience building, growing, and nurturing highly functional marketing teams
- Strong presentation, written and analytical skills that can be used to advocate for marketing and development teams
- Collaborative nature that both exemplifies thought leadership while also flexing to incorporate development and executive input on major projects
- Experience working globally and incorporating cultural differences into global positioning and creative strategy
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.