ABOUT SPLASH DAMAGE
We believe that games play better with friends. For more than 20 years, we’ve been creating team-based multiplayer experiences that have entertained tens of millions of players all over the world and forged countless new friendships along the way.
Our studio culture is rooted in our open, friendly, and collaborative environment. Our games are made by people from all over the world, from our entry-level Fresh Talent hires to industry veterans, and we believe that fostering that diverse culture is the best way to build both our games and our studio. We have won numerous awards, including a ‘World-Class’ accreditation by Best Companies and being named one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to work for.
While our offices are based in Bromley, UK, our people have access to progressive working patterns that give them the flexibility to decide how to do their best work.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for you and your family, including:
- Work your way with access to progressive working patterns including hybrid and fully remote
- Substantial performance-related pay system on top of your basic compensation, along with enhanced pension contributions and our life assurance scheme
- Bespoke VISA and relocation packages for you and your family, with support from our team throughout the whole process
- 25 days of holiday and 8 Bank Holidays a year, plus our annual studio closure between Christmas and New Year’s
- Private Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family, along with a 24/7 digital GP service
- Extensive Mental Health support, with Line Manager Mental Health training, a group of Mental Health First-Aiders, and on-site or remote counselling
- Our bespoke Learning and Development course framework to help you grow as an employee, manager, and leader
- Industry-leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave
The successful candidate will need to be undergoing the first or second year of an accounting qualification (AAT, ACCA or equivalent), and have at least one years’ experience in a Finance department working as a Finance Assistant or equivalent.
Responsibilities at a Glance
- Liaison with customers and department/project managers and other stakeholders to manage PO Control and supplier invoices
- Responsible for Petty Cash controls and reconciliations
- Internal customer liaison via Finance helpdesk & System support
- Responsible for completing general government questionnaires and Companies House filing when necessary
- Assist with supplier invoice posting, cost accruals and queries
- Assist with maintaining cost summaries up to date
- Assist with preparation of royalties statement and reconciliation
- Ad-hoc tasks, filing and analysis to assist decision making
- Assist in the preparation of month end and audit matters
Required Skills and Experience
- Enthusiastic, committed and a fast learner with previous experience of a busy environment
- Computer literate with an aptitude for numbers
- Basic understanding of bookkeeping and accountancy procedures
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work with individuals across departments and liaise with external customers and contacts
- Solid organisational skills and the ability to prioritise a varied workload
- Studying towards a relevant accountancy qualification
- Experience of working with multi currencies (£sterling, US$ and €euro) desirable
- A passion of Video Games and the industry would be highly desirable
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
BONUSES & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and staff are enrolled in our new bonus scheme.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.