About Splash Damage
At Splash Damage, we’re dedicated to crafting team-based multiplayer games that ignite friendships as much as they do healthy competition and teamwork.
Our teams celebrated the launch of Gears Tactics earlier this year, and we’re currently developing Outcasters for Stadia along with several unannounced titles.
As an UnrealEngine focused studio, we're excited to be transitioning our teams to the latest in UE5 technology and we're looking for skilled and passionate developers to help us drive this.
We're advocates for work-life balance and offer a comprehensive benefits package focused on the well-being of our staff and their families.
We believe that teams create the best work when they have a range of perspectives and experiences to draw from. Therefore we're committed to increasing diversity across our studio, fostering an inclusive environment to ensure everyone's voices are heard.
Due to the on-going COVID-19 outbreak, we're all currently working from home. We’re still looking to welcome new team members, who'll join us remotely until we return to the studio
Working within our multi-discipline art team, you will be collaborating with Art Direction and Design to ensure our maps are fun to play and look visually impressive.
As a Splash Damage Lighting Artist, you will:
- Work with the Art Director and Lead Artists to keep artistic style & mood consistent with our defined visual style for the game
- Collaborate with the Design Team to maintain gameplay requirements, and with Tech Art to manage a balance between aesthetic quality and performance requirements
- Help to drive narrative story telling through effective use of colour, light and mood. Using lighting to help convey emotional experiences.
- Great artistic knowledge and ability to devise creative lighting solutions
- Experience working with lighting in Unreal Engine 4
- A strong understanding of the lighting process, especially regarding static lighting, light map creation, an understanding of light diffusion, atmospherics, global illumination and PBR
- Good communication ability to receive and provide clear feedback
- Passion for game development
- Strong traditional art skills or photography
- Good understanding of physically based rendering
- Ability to participate in R&D of new techniques and implement into production pipeline
- Expertise in Post processing; colour grading, SSAO, bloom, tone mapping curves, HDR, etc.
Splash Damage is an equal opportunity employer. We believe our teams create better work when they have a range of perspectives to draw from, and we are committed to creating an inclusive working environment that celebrates diversity.
BENEFITS & PERKS
HEALTHPrivate Medical and Dental Cover for you and your family along with the Babylon 24/7 digital GP service. We also offer onsite counselling and an employee assistant program, along with covering eye tests, gym memberships and more.
HOLIDAYS & SOCIAL EVENTSWith 8 public holidays and an additional 3 day studio Christmas closure our staff have a total of 36 days off. We also offer flexible working hours and regular company social events.
FAMILY FRIENDLYIndustry leading fully paid 30 weeks maternity leave & 10 weeks paternity leave, along with flexitime and life assurance, helps new parents manage their time and put their family first.
PENSIONAll of our staff have enhanced company pension contributions, meaning that we invest in your future together.
PROFIT SHARE & REWARDSWe offer generous referral bonuses and 1% of the studio's revenue share after 1 years’ continuous service.
ADDITIONAL PERKSWe have cycle to work and car leasing schemes, a free car park, game and book libraries, complimentary weekly onsite haircuts and discounts at many local businesses.